The Office of Information Technology offers a wealth of informaton about data security, viruses, malware, phishing, identity theft and many other common topics through its Information Protection and Security site, known as RU Secure.
The division of Information Protection and Security:
- Responds to reports of possible exposure of secure data or unauthorized access to data
- Offers digital forensics services to help identify malware, security breaches and unauthorized access to private personal information
- Keeps information and documentation related to privacy of personal information
- Provides policies and standards for review and discussion
- Links to resources for Rutgers IT professionals
- Works to heighten security awareness through training and communications through video, news feeds, blogs and social media
Security Tips & Resources
Camden Computing Services has compiled a searchable collection of tips and other resources on the most common information security issues for email, hardware, portable devices, social networking, the web and more.
The collection is part of the department’s Knowledge Library.